Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Honey Bee Label (commission / tilaustyö)


I haven't made an update in a while so here's something new, I was asked to make a honey label for my client's honey jars, they told me to "make it Christmas themed".

I've always had difficulties drawing bees in particular for some reason so it was a challenge at first, 
I started off with sketching some bees to find the right style for the label.


Then came the idea for the theme itself, for me the first thing that comes to mind from Christmas is a holly wreath; its simple but very Christmas-y.


Then I made a mockup version of what the label could look like in the final version 
using simple clip art, with its agreed dimensions for the jar. 


And finally, here's the finished version. Client seemed very pleased (so was I!
Now we're waiting to get the test sticker patch to see how they'll look like. :-}


No comments:

Post a Comment